Established in 2009, Jiminy’s After School Club, offers a wide range of play opportunities for primary school aged children. It is run by an enthusiastic team who loves helping children extend their play range through Playwork and the Playwork principles.
Our Ofsted Report
We were inspected by Ofsted in 2015 at our previous setting and we were delighted to receive Outstanding in all areas.
- Staff are enthusiastic, motivated and caring. Children form excellent relationships with their key person and, as a result, develop a very strong sense of belonging.
- Partnerships with parents are outstanding. Extremely effective practices promote open communication, supporting excellent joined-up working between the club and home.
- The club has robust links with the host school. This ensures that the children’s care and support complements that delivered at school. Therefore, children settle in quickly and rapidly engage in activities.
- The manager works with uncompromising drive and motivation to lead staff towards excellence. A targeted and rigorous approach to self-evaluation ensures that the club is consistently improving outcomes for children.
- Very high priority is given to safeguarding and protecting children. Staff continually assess and monitor the safety of the environment, indoors and outside. This promotes children’s safety and well-being very well.
- Staff provide an excellent range of resources, although those inside are more easily accessible than those outside. Activities and experiences fully engage children and, as a result, they are highly motivated and enjoy their play.
Sessions run term time only for children attending St Mary’s CE (Aided) Primary School in Pulborough.
[table id=1 /]